It is said that “Common sense is the most uncommon thing .”If smartness is your biggest asset, well I have something which will churn your brain and squeeze out every bit of brain juice of yours. I have a series of trick questions which will not only test your common sense but at the same time, these trick questions are a fun way to kill time. Irrespective of your age group or people with whom you are sitting, you can thoroughly enjoy these questions.
Trick questions can sometimes be silly and sometimes they can be really tricky. It may give even the best brains the task of their life. The most striking feature of these questions is that you need to listen to the question carefully. Usually, the answer to the question lies within the question itself.
These are an entertaining source to test your common sense. Apart from being a great brain teaser, they are a great way kick start a conversation and curb boredom. They can be a great way to have fun. So, if you are all geared up, I have a list of questions.
Well, if you have been planning to make your get together fun-filled how about getting in some funny question a part of it. Give your conventional questions an unconventional touch by adding these best trick questions.
Solve it and enjoy it –
- Sam’s father has 3 children, Sara and Suma are two of them who is the third one?
- I have 4 chocolates, you take away 3, how many are you left with?
- If it takes 2 hours for a labour to plow a field, how much time will it take for another 2 labours to plow it?
- Which is that thing which burns itself but never hurts itself?
- How will you shoot 200 people together?
- Which letter of the English alphabet flies, sings, and stings?
- A is the father of B but B is not the son of A. How is it possible?
- A man dressed in all black is walking down a country lane. Suddenly, a large black car without any lights on comes round the corner and screeches to a halt. How did the car know he was there?
- A rooster laid egg on the bridge, it falls from the bridge but it didn’t break?
- How can a man go 8 days without sleep?
- How can you drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it?
- How much dirt is there is 10 ft deep, 5 ft wide hole?
- How can a man marry his widow’s sister?
- Imagine you are drowning in water and you don’t know how to swim, how will you survive?
- How many sides a circle has?
- Which question will always have an answer YES?
- Which is correct to say, “The yolk of the egg is white” or “The yolk of the egg are white?”
- Which one is correct? “Ostrich flies” or “An Ostrich flies”
- Which is that one thing which has a head and tail but no body?
- Which is that one time in the year when women speak less?
- Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguins. Why not?
- What word in the English language is always spelled incorrectly?
- Sam was born on 25th December but his birthday always falls in summer, how is it possible?
- Which is that thing that goes up but doesn’t come down?
- Harry’s father has five sons named Ten, Twenty, Thirty, Forty…Guess what would be the name of the fifth?
- Name all the numbers from 1 – 100, which has the letter ‘A’ in their spellings?
- Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?
- An electric train is moving north at 100mph and a wind is blowing to the west at 10mph. Which way does the smoke blow?
- What looks like half an apple?
- Which is that thing which has 4 wheels and flies?
- What can you never eat for breakfast?
- You are sleeping and the doorbell rings, what will you open first?
- If you had only one match and entered a dark room containing an oil lamp, some newspaper, and some kindling wood, which would you light first?
- It took 20,000 workers to build the Taj Mahal in 20 years. How many workers would be required to build it in 10 years?
- What gets wetter & wetter the more it dries?
Funny Trick Questions
Well, these questions will make your conversation filled with joy and laughter. They are quirky and will also add a smile to your face. These ten best questions from our kitty will add fun to your regular talks. So, let’s get started-
- Frank’s mother has 2 kids, one is April what the name of the second child is?
- A manager at a butcher shop stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and wears size 10 sneakers, what does he weigh?
- Before Mt. Everest was discovered, which was the highest mountain in the world?
Answer: Mt. Everest. It just wasn’t discovered yet.
- In a marathon, if you passed the person in 2nd place, what place you would be?
- What is that thing which is running but it never walks, it has a bed but it never sleeps?
Answer: A river.
- One fine day on Monday the police car is trying to chase a thief’s car, but the police’s car doesn’t have headlight neither the thief’s car has the light, how will police car chase the thief’s car?
Answer: It’s the daytime, so there is no need for light.
- Eskimos are very good hunters, but they never hunt penguin, why?
Answer: Eskimos live in north pole while penguins live in South pole.
- Imagine your boat is sinking, how would you survive?
Answer: Simple, stop imagining.
- The peacock does lay eggs then how do they get baby peacocks?
Answer: Peacocks don’t lay an egg, peahen lays eggs.
- What is black when you get it, red when used and white when it is over?
Trick Questions for Kids
It is said that answering a kid’s question is the toughest task, so why not turns the table today and make them dig their brain hard. These ten trick questions for kids will help you gel with the little fun and make your conversation more interesting.
- Some months have thirty days, others have 31 days, how many months have 28 days?
Answer: Every month has 28 days.
- Which alphabet in English can be drunk and served?
- Hoa, many numbers from One to Hundred, have an A in their spelling?
- Jack fell from a ladder 15 feet high but didn’t get hurt. How?
Answer: He was standing on the last step of the ladder. The riddle doesn’t state that he was standing on the top of the ladder.
- How is possible for a man to get in the rain without protection and not have his hair on the head get wet?
Answer: The man is bald.
- If an electric train is running at a speed of 100 km/hr in the east and the wind is blowing in the west at the speed of 10 km/hr, which way does the smoke go?
Answer: The electric does not emit smoke.
- What is that one thing that breaks and never falls, and what falls and never breaks?
Answer: Day breaks and night falls
- What goes up and down but always remains at the same place?
- What is that one thing that starts with T, has T and ends with T?
- What occurs once in every minute, twice in every moment, yet never in a thousand years?
Answer: The letter m
- How many apples would you have if you took 2 apples from 3 apples?
Answer: You will have 2 apples
Trick Questions for Adults
Having a party at your place, planning a small break from your mundane routine, try out these ten trick questions for adults. Instead of gossiping why not do some act of brain and add some fun to your daily conversation.
- A woman has two sons, they were born in the same year, same time and same day but they are not twins, how?
Answer: One is adopted
- What is that thing which goes up but never comes down?
- What travels around the world but never stays in one spot?
Answer: A stamp
- A woman shoots her husband, she puts him underwater for minutes and then hangs him, and then they go out for dinner? How is it possible?
Answer: She shoots his photograph.
- All you cousins have one aunt who is not your aunt then who is she?
Answer: Your mother.
- Is it ethical for a man to marry the sister of his widow?
Answer: It’s not possible, he has a window which means he is dead.
- How much earth is in 5 feet long and 3 feet wide?
Answer: It’s a hole since it’s a hole.
- How can you life elephant with one hand?
Answer: Write it on a piece of paper and lift it.
- Question: What is always coming, but never arrives?
- Question: What can be broken, but is never held?
Answer: A promise
- What is it: if you have me you want to share me, but if you share me, you will not have it?
Answer: A secret
- If a plane crashes on the border of US and Canada, where will the survivors be buried?
Answer: The survivors are not buried.
- If it takes 4 hours to dry 10 clothes, how much time will it take to dry 20 clothes?
Answer: 4 hours
- You are sleeping on the bed in a room with a tightly shut door, suddenly the door knocks, and you have your parents standing at the door, what will you open first?
Answer: Your eyes.
- If you have only one match and enter a dark room with an oil lamp, kindling wood and a newspaper, what will you light first?
Answer: The match
- If you spell “sit in the tub” s-o-a-k, and you spell “a funny story” j-o-k-e, how do you spell “the white of an egg”?
Answer: a-l-b-u-m-e-n or e-g-g w-h-i-t-e
These questions are to trick those brainy people, well, if you think you know it all, why not try these ten trick questions:
- Feed me, and I will be alive, give me water, and I die, who am I?
- What is it: It’s a room with no windows and doors?
Answer: Mushroom has no door or window
- What kind of tree can you carry in your hand?
Answer: A palm
- Who is he, he has married many women but has never been married himself?
- Which word in the dictionary is spelled incorrectly?
- Can you find the mistake : 1, 2 ,3 ,4 ,5, 6, 7,8, 9, 10?
- What is at the end of a rainbow?
Answer: It is the letter w
- There are 10 fishes in the tank, 2 drown, 3 swim away, and 3 die how many fishes are left in the tank?
Answer: All 10 are alive, fishes don’t drown
- A boy and the doctor went fishing. The boy is the doctor’s son, but the doctor is not his father, who is the doctor?
Answer: The doctor is his mother
- A cowboy went to London on Friday; it took him 3 days to reach London. He stayed there for a day and then came back. He went on Friday and came back on Friday. How?
Answer: He went on the horse named FRIDAY.