In the life of Smash
It’s been a while! I missed you all. I have been so uninterested in the intarwebz after work, and I feel really disconnected from my beloved community. This might be because I’ve got a new priority in my life, and that would be ME! I exercise 4-5x a week now, mainly after work. And when I get home, and finally eat something, all I want to do is veg in front of the telly w/ Dr. Smash and Pokey. I have to be up so frakin early for school, that I would rather spend the rest of my night-time reading in bed. Unfortunately, I don’t last very long before it’s lights out for Smash. So, I’m trying to focus on only one book at a time now, plus one audio book.
So…yea. I guess I can’t be angry at myself for wanting to get healthy. I finally started logging my food, because I was gaining weight instead of losing it, and it’s all about the food. Some days are better than others, but I’ve lost 3 pounds this week because of watching my food. I’ve also worked up to one hour on the crossramp, burning 600 cals! This makes me so proud because my stamina and endurance is the pits. I will be walking in a 5k (I can’t run long distance because of my knees) that supports the mentoring program in my school, and I signed up for a Vampire 5k, where I will be a vampire and chase the pitiful humans! Muaaaahahahahhaahhaa.
Of course, I owe a lot of my new-found gumption to Sarah and Vania, my book club friends and exercise partners in crime. We see a trainer together once a week and meet up to torture each other a few other times a week. Having a workout buddy is SO beneficial. Also, you should read Sarah’s Annoying Weight Loss Tips. She is really kicking ass in that arena!!! <3 (That is a different Sarah from my workout partner, btw)
On another note, I was one of the numerous bloggers to get plagiarized (verbatim from two reviews) in January on a certain blog. It was a crappy experience, but I didn’t even have an opportunity to privately deal with it because other bloggers involved blew up the blogosphere. I did not get involved in the drama, but they took care of the problem for me. So, um…thanks! The blog has been taken down, as far as I know, and I hope those 2 young ladies learned a valuable lesson.
Jen D. is making her debut on the blog this coming week! You can read all about her awesomeness here! YAYAYAYYAY!
Oh, I layered my hair!
Smash Attack Reads Recap
Reviewers: How do you handle the less than ideal review requests? You know, the ones that have clearly not read your blog or your review policy. Also, what’s the worst review request you’ve ever received?
Promotion and Giveaways
- Just Breathe World Tour: Sinnder and the rest of the Just Breathe crew visit the blog to talk dirty. To me…Shut up and let me have my moment! Kendall is having some fab giveaways!
- Book Blitz: Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater Paperback Release + GIVEAWAY!
- Cover Reveal: STAINED by Cheryl Rainfield. I find the cover powerful and scary.
2013 Reading Goals
It’s all about the series, yo!
Series started before 2013: Super Seriously Serious (13-18 series)
I’ve gone one off the list down - Spider’s Revenge! By a Thread is next!
Series started in 2013: Seriously Series (7-12 series)
I’ve read Cinder and Glitches, and look forward to Scarlet. I also started the Seven Realms series. The Demon King and The Exiled Queen were seriously incredible reads. I cannot wait to fangirl about them. Epic YA Fantasy at its finest!
Rereads: Seriously Series (7-12 series)
I haven’t touched this list yet, but it will happen!
The Blogosphere 411
Some of these are old, but I’ve been away for a while!
- OMG! Barry Lyga is holding a contest for an ARC of Game. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.
- Isalys talks about her reading support group. This in turn sparked a fun idea that she and I are brainstorming for a feature. Woot!
- Parajunkee talks about how we should react when plagiarism occurs. More on plagiarism from Radiant Shadows.
- And then Fiktshun talks about how blogging has turned into a competition.
- Amanda (LM-LLC) talks about how to build community.
- Amanda and Kelly are bring Doin’ It Dirty BACK! It’s time for 2.0, bitches! I can’t participate because I will be working and then exercising most of the time, but you should get those erotica books off the shelf and get diiiiiiirrrrrrty!
- Vampire Book Club is bring back Character Love letters! Chelsea was nice enough to let me gush about my imagine womance with Gin Blanco. See, it doesn’t have to be about guys all the time!
- Saz101 talks about blogger burnout and how to deal with it.
- MIND MELD: Zombies, and Why We Love Them
- A Literary Tour of Historical Y.A.
- WordPress users: you should check out Lorelle’s Blog Exercises!!
- How to properly move your blog from WP.com to self-hosted!
Things that make me smile
- Baby Animals! Like elephants, and kittens. I got to see this baby hippo in person in November when I went home for Thanksgiving. OMG. She is wicked adorable. <3 AND meerkats. They are #1 for me. And this baby tapir is too adorbs!
Search terms that bring the funny. Or the o.O
- adolescent gay films: The only reason this is funny because of how perplexed I am that the term led to this blog. O.o
- jericho barrons sex scene: Every. Single. Week.
- oberon quotes iron druid: YESSSSSSSSSS.
- redhead strippers Salt Lake: o.O – And again: o.O
- Pnr stash: Um, I have a strong feeling that PNR was not referring to paranormal romance…
- “premature inflamulation,” he replied. “happens sometimes. very embarrassing, i don’t like to talk about it: HAHAHHA! Best. Search. EVAR! Vlad FTW!
© 2013, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |