In the life of Smash
School was out for mid-winter break this week, so I did a ton of home visits. I knocked on doors, most of which didn’t open. I met with some parents who were more than willing to register their child for my program. It was a pain in the ass and sometimes uncomfortable week, but I get 11 new kids. I still need 19 to reach my numbers but the school year is more than half over. *sigh* Next year will be better. I have all summer to plan and have loads of ideas!
Went to the doctor yesterday for another ultrasound. The Clomid worked and I have two healthy follicles, which means I could very well have two babies. EEEEEEP. T gave me the shot that triggers ovulation last night, so he and I go in tomorrow for the IUI. So yea…. O.o
I blow dried my hair and decided not to flat iron it. I really liked the natural, beachy look.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Cover Reveal: Fairyvision by J.L. Bryan
- World-Building Wednesdays: J.L. Bryan is back with more Fairy awesome!
- Smash reviews The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima
- Let’s Talk: Welcome to the Family + GIVEAWAY!
- Saturday Shorts: Thread of Death by Jennifer Estep
2013 Reading Goals
It’s all about the series, yo!
- I read The Midnight Spell. It’s not part of a series, but it was damn fun. Review 2/27
- I finished By A Thread this weekend, book 6 in the Elemental Assassin series. I am so very close! Just completely loving Gin and all her badass glory. Review 2/25
- I am listening to Daughter of Smoke and Bone and I get FLAILY about this audio book. Khristine Hvam is an EPIC NARRATOR. She has truly turned this book into a living work of art, for me. I feel like I am watching a movie half the time. So friggin entertaining. And seriously, is this book being made into a movie? I really need an Akiva on the big screen, stat.
The Blogosphere 411
- The Miseducation of Cameron Post is $1.99 on Amazon! That’s a tough issue book that has been on my radar.
- Squee! “Shadow and Bone” movie has a writer! This is going to happen, people! WHO IS GOING TO BE CAST AS THE DARKLING?!??!?! ZOMGEEEEEP!
- Adam’s review of Every Day by David Levithan is worth a read.
- Parajunkee schools us on how to know if our blog is making an impact.
- Little Read Riding Hood brought up the very discussion-worthy topic again: authors commenting on their book’s review.
- Amanda alerted me to this post by Respiring Thoughts. She talks about reading from a reviewer’s perspective.
- Amanda talks about what having too many choices can do to our sanity. There is a lot of good commentary on this post!
- Speaking of Amanda, she and Cass are hosting an awesome event in March…
- Owl♥Love: I found a fab purse, an adorable bookplate, and rise and shine mugs.
- Coffee: It’s what’s for breakfast. Literally: Speaking of mugs, you have to see these other coffee mugs that change with heat. ♥
- Foodie Haven: The Pioneer Women posted her fancy mac n cheese recipe. *drool*
- Healthy Me: CARBS ARE KILLING YOU! So don’t look at that mac n cheese recipe…
- Maternity Photography: Yes, I started collecting photo inspiration. I can only hope to be as adorable when I’m feeling like a sow.
- Social Work with Kids: I found a great infographic on cyberbullying.
- Blogging Resources: I downloaded a pretty friggin awesome blog planner set from OrganizingHomeLife.com
And, as always…
© 2013, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |