In the life of Smash
My new pretties of the week!
This week was not the greatest. I had yet another allergy/sinus infection, that eventually led to me losing my voice. It was parent conference week, so that went over real well! I sounded like a man on steroids one day, and a dying cow the next. Fun times. At this point, I’m still really congested and sometimes feel like I’m drowning in goo. Ugh.
In other news, I went to the Pitch Dark Days Tour in Atlanta on Tuesday. I saw Tahereh Mafi and Veronica Rossi in Miami last year, but it was a first with Cynthia Hand and Brodi Ashton. All ladies were completely fun and entertaining. I adore author’s personalities, for the most part. I’m always amused and engaged when I get a chance to see them in the flesh. They all talked about the latest in their series. I’ve only read Unearthly, but I swear I will at least get to Mafi and Rossi’s series this year!
Of course, Tahereh had on a pair of black boots that had a heel longer than her arm. LOL. She has the most bitchin collection of shoes. Afterwards, some of us went to dinner with the authors. Tahereh sat next to me, and I was kinda quiet because it was late and I was sick and sounded like I was dying. I wish I would have talked to her more. Boo. However, it was enjoyable and I always enjoy a good author mingle.
This photo makes me giggle. I call it “Invisible Jazz Hands.”
This week, I hope to start my first fertility treatment trial. THAT is scary and exciting and a lot of other emotions. This week is also going to be very difficult on my time. A full work week, plus 2 night events and then Valentine’s Day! No rest for the sick and freaked out. Dr. Smash and I are going to see Romeo and Juliet at Shakespeare’s Tavern, however. No better way to spend V-Day than with tragic love, English pub food and my boo!
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Every Day by David Levithan: I LOVED Every Day. One of the most unique stories I’ve ever come across. It was a book that will stay with me.
- Series Spotlight: Alpha and Omega by Patricia Briggs: Jen D. makes her debut on Smash Attack Reads with a series review of Alpha and Omega!
- Let’s Talk: Procrastination or Planning: Does procrastination rule your life? Or are you more of the prepared/scheduled type?
2013 Reading Goals
It’s all about the series, yo!
I’m one book away from completing my first series of the year! I finished The Gray Wolf Throne yesterday, and now I need to read The Crimson Crown. The Seven Realm series is the bestest epic YA fantasy I’ve read since Graceling and Fire! Speaking of, I need to read Bitterblue this year, too!
The Blogosphere 411
- Rhiannon Frater wrote up an early review of the Beautiful Creatures film.
- Parajunkee shares Six Ways You Can Ruin Your Blogging Career.
- YALSA highlights serving homeless teens in libraries, a place they likely spend a lot of daylight hours. Parts 2 & 3. I cannot thank them enough for bringing this issue out in the open.
- Epic Reads posted How Book Nerds Survive the Snowpocalypse.
- Amy (bookgoonie) talked about her life in books for Ruby’s Reads‘ Bibliobiographies feature.
- Amanda (On a Book Bender) talked about book review writing quirks.
- Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) asked: How Do You Read?
- Copyblogger: 9 Ways to Loose the Trust of your Audience
- BloggingPro: How to Promote Your Website: Part one – Create Content
- Lorelle on WordPress: Blog Exercises
Things that make me smile
- OMG! *flails* They are doing a spin-off of Boy Meets World, where Corey and Topanga are parents. It’s called Girl Meets World. I AM SO EXCITED. You have no idea. ♥
Search terms that bring the funny
- read venom by jennifer estep: YES. You do that. You will love it and want a womance with Gin, too. But back off, bitches!
- im the biggest baddest , jericho barrons: Yes, yes you are.
- is joe manganiello a nice guy? He actually is, though I barely said two words during the short conversation I had with him. YES. I had a conversation with him once.
- no binge calendar: What exactly are we not binging on here? If it’s books or hot men, get the fuck outta here.
- how can i help my gr1 boy with reading: Step One: Learn to spell…
And then there was this:
”my brother touched my panties“ - Um. O.o – Back away from my blog, quickly…
© 2013, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |