Amazon Facebook GoodReads Library Thing Paperback Swap Pinterest Twitter RSS Email

Let’s Talk: 11/9/12

Nov
39 COMMENTS • This post is filed under: Book Bloggers, Discussions, Let's Talk

Welcome to the very first Let’s Talk from hosts Smash & Kt! We hope you enjoy this feature, meet new bloggers and have great conversation!

Lets Talk Lets Talk: 11/9/12

Welcome to the Let’s Talk weekly discussion meme!

Originally hosted by Melissa from i swim for oceans, Smash & Kt took her original inspiration, and made it their own, expanding it to more than just books. Let’s get personal (but respectfully so) and learn more about one another!  Each week, a different question will be posted along with a place to link up your posts and visit other people’s responses. This meme is definitely meant to bring out conversation and meet new people. So, Let’s Talk!

Today’s Question:

What TV shows are you most excited for this Fall/Winter, and why? Yes, we encourage the pimping of hot men on TV. There is certainly no shortage of that this season!

ZOMG! SO MANY. I will not talk spoilers, and I ask that you don’t either. But please feel free to SQUEE WITH ME!

The Vampire Diaries: SO good this season! I firmly believe that the contract states you must be a hot piece of human to be on that show. Such pretty peoples. I am enjoying this vampire hunter story line, or maybe I just like the vampire hunter. I hope they keep him around for the season. heh.

The Walking Dead: What a dozy that can be! You know characterization is good when you cry when someone you dislike dies. Such a damn good show. One of the best character-driven dramas evar.

Revolution: I can haz a Miles? Dude. I LOVE Billy Burke in this show. Just frakin LOVE him. The show reminds me of Lost in its set-up. Of course there is no black smoke monster, but there are some interesting flashbacks. I love learning about people’s lives before the blackout. And I want to know what the hell is going on with the power, yo!

Arrow: Holy mother of all hotness, Batman. Oliver Queen is welcome in my chambers any time he pleases. :Þ The show isn’t all that amazing but it’s entertaining and it is picking up in good juicy story line. Honestly though, I could really give a shite about the plot. icon biggrin Lets Talk: 11/9/12

Top Chef: YES! Huge fan of this show, thanks to Dr. Smash. He got his cooking inspiration from this show, and I really should write them one day and thank them for turning my hubs into an amazing amateur chef.

Glee: YAY! It’s coming back and we get some awesome GREASE Lightning!

I’m sure there are others I would love to watch, but I seriously can’t add anything more to the schedule.

What shows are you enjoying this season?

LINK UP THOSE JUICY THOUGHTS!

If you have questions/ideas for future topics, feel free to share them here.

ash sign Lets Talk: 11/9/12

© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.

39 Responses to “Let’s Talk: 11/9/12”

1. I’ve DVRed Revolution, but have yet to watched one. I think I’m going to have to get a Netflix account just so I can start and catch up with Walking Dead. Now you are making me think I need to watch the Arrow.

2. Karen says:

I tried the first two episodes of Arrow and I was just too bored but you are correct….that boy is nice to look at!

I recorded The Walking Dead and I’ll be watching it when I get a chance.

The only shows I watch regularly are The Daily Show & The Colbert Report lol

• Yea, it’s gotten better but ti’s still not an amazing show. I don’t care though, not one bit! :Þ I hope you enjoy The Walking Dead. I do not watch any of those comedy late talk shows. Maybe SNL once in a blue moon when someone I like is starring…

3. Felicia says:

The Walking Dead, Revolution, and Arrow made my list too :)

I am loving all 3 this season!

4. Mel Thomas says:

As for new shows, I’m seriously lurving Revolution. Who knew Billy Burke could wield a sword like that? So. Damn. Sexy. I think the concept is brilliant and I can’t wait to see where it goes. I’m also excited about Arrow. The CW has a hit on their hands with that one. If they were to show a shirtless Oliver Queen workout scene in every episode I think they’d be guaranteed female viewers for life.

I am a TV whore and watch many shows. For the most part, I’m still excited about most of them. Granted there have been a few that I’ve stopped watching because they got hella lame. Sorry, Smash, but Glee in on that list. As for must-watch-immediately-because-they-still-frakkin-rock shows are concerned, it’s Vampire Diaries, Walking Dead, Supernatural, and Fringe for me. Though watching Fringe is now bittersweet. It is one of my all-time favorites and it’s down to the final 8 or 9 episodes. *pouts*

• LURVE me some Billy and his sword! *wink* He is a sexy beast in that show. *rawr*
      Yes. Arrow is an OK show, to me, but it is getting better. I love me so Diggle! He’s actually my favorite character. I want to name my next cat Mr. Diggles. LOL

Glee is corny as hell, but I love musicals and it fills the sweet spot. I’m still shocked I don’t watch Supernatural, being that I love all that shit.

5. I am so out of the loop guys! I hardly ever watch TV but my reading habit is going strong. ;) You guys are making me realize what I’ve been missing. I may just have to wrestle the remote away from my TV hording husband and daughter. LOL!

6. How strange! My next discussion post topic was going to be on TV shows! Cool. It goes up tomorrow, so I will be sure to link up here!

I finished with Season 2 of TWD last night. I am eager to start Season 3 since I saw all the excitement over the last episode last week. Revolution disappointed me with the first episode. I haven’t tuned in to it since, but I hear it has gotten

7. The Vampire Diaries! It seems that every year I’m all, “Oh … The Vampire Diaries? Alright …” BUT, then we start watching it and I’m all, “THE VAMPIRE DIARIES! YES!!! THIS IS AWESOME!”

That being said, there are certain things that are annoying me with this season, but I’m still pushing for OTHER things to happen (with a certain vampire).

And I love The Walking Dead! Very intense!

I tried to like Revolution, but the acting was too cheesy for me and I hated the bad guy enough to stop watching.

Thanks for sharing!

• I was FREAKING OUT when those 2 were at the frat party, living it up on the dance floor. Then Bonnie had to come and ruin it all. Damn witch! *shakes fist*

The bad guy on Revolution is bastard to the nth degree. And I agree the main girl is kinda boring, but Billy Burke carries that show for me! And I like the bad guys. I love to hate them. :)

THE WALKING DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Jennifer says:

I must be the only person in the world who doesn’t watch Glee! Maybe someday :)

9. Mariana says:

I agree with you in Arrow and Revolution, and even watch Top Chef sometimes. I do love some action and this season has some great series, plus Ollie shirtless is always a great sight!

10. I watch Grey’s Anatomy and Scandal. GA is dying a slow death. I don’t even know why I still watch. Scandal is freaking awesome! I’m waiting for Body of Proof to come back but it’s MIA. I’m afraid it got canceled.

11. Jade says:

I am fascinated by Revolution and am in love with Billy Burke in this one as well! I’m glad to see a dystopian-ish show on television that I can actually get into and enjoy.

I’m also digging Revenge and Scandal and have recently fallen for The Mentalist. I look forward to them all week!

12. YES. The Walking Dead is the bomb. Do you just freaking love Daryl?!

Glee is one of the shows that I love but fell behind on. I’m only on season two so far, but I do jam to all the CDs. ;) I need to catch up this summer. Do you watch The Glee Project? It’s a reality show where they pick a new cast member through competition. I LOVE it. Highly recommend.

13. ARROW! Not really the best of plots IMO but as long as there are plenty of hot workout scenes, I’m really okay with that! And really enjoying Revolution — how did the power really go out?!?

• No, not the best of plots, but who cares!!!!!!

I am DYING to know about the power thing on Revolution. Not only why it went out, but why they haven’t wanted to turn it back on. I guess power really equals power…lol

14. How sad is this: I came by to learn what to watch. Yup, I don’t watch tv. Wait, that’s not entirely correct. I watch Phineas and Ferb, Randy Cunningham 9th Grade Ninja, and Kick Buttowski. Maybe a little Wipeout if Dad’s around.

I am truly sad… but I’ve got the DVR programmed!! Thanks dude!!!!! :D

15. Kt says:

Billy Burke is in a TV show? I must check that out pronto. That man is freaking awesome!

16. Oh yeah! The Walking Dead! Soooo Amazing!

17. [...] Let’s Talk: What’s on your TV this Fall? [...]

Search

Welcome!

Smash Attack Reads is a blog that celebrates the world of books and the people who create them. Smash also rambles about crafts, personal and social worky-stuff sometimes, too.

Smash Attack Reads