Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Smash reviews Original Beauty by Laura Wiess: Powerful story!
- Web of Lies Discussion!
- Night of the Living Fred by Rusty Fischer + GIVEAWAY!
- Smash reviews Web of Lies by Jennifer Estep: Love this series!
- Let’s Talk: 11/2/12 – “Be honest, do you ever get embarrassed by some of the posts from when you first started blogging due to the lessor quality? Yes, growth and experience is natural, but do you ever get the urge to go back and “fix” things?”
In the life of Smash
And another week has passed. Lots going on. Nothing majorly exciting except…
I PASSED MY EXAM!
I am now a Licensed Master Social Worker! I feel wicked proud. Major milestone for me, all of this. I once thought I was not smart enough for a Masters program, and now I’m licensed in my field. It’s been a pretty crazy era of serious self-exploration on my part. Now I have to figure out how to keep my license active. I think I need a certain amount of continuing education credits per year, which is fine by me. I love learning! Next up is clinical licensure, if I decide to go that route. For now, I’m content. Weeee!
Other than that, I got some new warm clothes and new boots! It is SO cold in my building. I wear gloves when I’m not typing. :Þ OH, and I got a new phone! I got the Nokia Lumia 900, which runs the new Windows OS. It’s fraking awesome and I’m in starry-eyed love with it. The only downside is that a lot of apps have not yet been developed for Windows phones. I don’t have Instagram!
- Currently Reading: 2
- TBR Owned Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 498
Unbreaking the Shelves Update
Nothing this week. :/
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Join Kendall Grey’s Blog Tour for JUST BREATHE!!! ♥
- Rhiannon Frater serves up her thoughts regarding her experience at a zombie festival. I honestly wish I could have been there so I could have slapped a few ignorami upside the head!
- David James talks about hero qualities. Hermione vs. Kate: What Makes A Hero?
- Vampire Book Club’s November Group read is Iced by Karen Marie Moning. YAHOO!
- Kat (Cuddlebuggery) gives us advice on surviving a bad book: Five Ways to Survive Reading a Bad Book
- Kelly (Reading the Paranormal) asked Why do YOU read Erotica over at Reading in Winter-After Dark.
- Karis (YA Litwit) writes a letter to her teen self and is giving away a copy of Dear Teen Me!
- How To Defend Yourself Against Negative SEO
- Five Great Strategies For Link-Building
- Amand shares how to Make your website content work for you
Things that make me smile
You don’t know how bad I want to hang this in my office at school.
- eve anna carey review: LOVED the series!
- in the path of falling objects emotions: LOTS of emotions!
- j.a. saare author note copyright: She does address this in her last Rhiannon release.
- the immortal rules book 2 release date: Cannot wait!
© 2012 – 2013, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |