Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Mel reviews Mark of the Witch by Maggie Shayne
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Top Ten Books To Get In The Halloween Spirit
- Smash reviews Detention of the Living Dead by Rusty Fischer
- Taking on the Dead Blog Tour: World-Building with Annie Walls
- Smash reviews Taking on the Dead by Annie Walls
- Saturday Shorts: Isolation by Dan Wells
- My review of The Infects was linked up on the School Library Journal!
- AND I talked about bullying at Lady Reader’s Bookstuff.
The meme begins November 2! The questions for the rest of the year can be found here and ready for your thoughts. Please join in the fun and learn about each other. Yay!
In the life of Smash
- I had training two days this week to learn the ins and outs of my duties as site coordinator. I feel wicked energized by it all and really hope I can get things moving at the school. It’s difficult to meet with people during the school day, and a lot of people don’t want to stick around after. So, challenges already but that’s expected. I am slowly starting the needs assessment process, and figuring out who will be on my site team. It’s all very exciting!
- I got this cool little one-cup coffee pod brewer for my office. It’s so cute and will help with the mess factor. A lot of people have been asking for the brand, and I will have to get back to you on Monday, since I can’t remember!
- T & I went to a Georgia Tech game yesterday. I love being able to walk to the stadium. YAY for living in Midtown!
- I’ve been reading hella slow. HELLA slow. I’ve also found I have little interest in the internet when I get home…WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?
- Read in 2012: 90
- Jenny Plague-Bringer: Holy crapola. LOVED that we went back into the past lives of the characters. Just, wow. I love this series.
- Currently Reading: 2
- The Demon’s Lexicon (The Demon’s Lexicon Trilogy, #1): I started this one on audio since I have a small commute now. I am enjoying the hell out of the British and Irish accents, as well as the sarcastic lead character.
- Passenger: I’m reading this in very short bursts. I think it will take me a while. It’s nice and CRAZY.
- TBR Owned Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 499
- Acquired for Kisten the Kindle
- Acquired for my bookshelves
Unbreaking the Shelves Update
I purged 10 YA/MG books off my shelf to give to Mandee’s classroom!
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) talks about how readers in bookstores are like kids in a candy store!
- Rachel (Parajunkee) gives tips for Holiday Burnout.
- Rachel (Fiktshun) talks about rejection and being ignored.
- Amanda (On a Book Bender) talks why you shouldn’t take just anyone’s advice.
- Amelia (The Authoress) is celebrating 600 followers! Adore this young lady!
- Mandee (Books & Bling) gives us a teacher’s perspective on bullying.
- Donna (Bites) has decided to leave behind her own blog for new endeavors. Check out Bitching, Books and Baking to see what she and a fellow blogger are bringing to the blogosphere.
- Heroes and Heartbreakers provides us a first look at Thea Harrison’s Lord’s Fall. SO JELLY!
Things that make me smile
- THE BAMF GIRLS’ CLUB! I DIE! I’ve watched them all. So fun. #3 is my fave.
- is the bully from paranorman Krumping? Ok. I really need to see this movie now!
- shiver by maggie stiefvater: Such a moving love story.
- Phroomf: OMG! WHO SEARCHED FOR PHROOMF?!??!?! My favorite Christmas story, for sure. I still know the song by heart!♥
- Smash Attacks…coffee? chocolate? social issues?
- john boyne involves readers in the novel through feelings of compassion for the characters involved: Wow. I completely agree.
- the house where nobody lives by brad strickland summary: Audrey reviewed it!
- the giver why is being a birthmother an unattractive job? THANK YOU! I asked the same question. It’s a reflection on society’s views of being a mother, in general, methinks…ugh.
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |