Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Mel Reviews Claws and Effect by Amanda Arista
- Smash reviews Eve by Anna Carey
- Bookish Tools & Things: Part 2 – The Organizations
- Middle Ground Blog Tour: Interview with Katie Kacvinsky + Giveaway
- Saturday Shorts: King of Marbury by Andrew Smith
Let’s Talk: We want your input!
And the questions for the rest of the year can be found here and ready for your answering. The meme begins November 2!
In the life of Smash
I met with my principal on Thursday! Adore the man, for serious. It is so evident that he cares! He outlined his ideas, and he showed me my office. I start on Monday but will be at my agency’s office for most of the week. I also have a 2-day training at the end of the month, which I am grateful for! All in all, terrified and super excited!
I will obviously be less active online now. *SAD FACE* I will try & comment on 10 blogs per day, which is a goal I’ve always tried to keep. Once my scheduled posts run out, my content will not be as active, methinks. I will be reading slower and have less time to dedicate to my 2nd home. Thanks goodness for my review team. #loveyousohard. And this is my stress relief so I won’t remain to detached. #plus #iloveyouallsohardtoo
THE WALKING DEAD IS BACK TONIGHT!
- Read in 2012: 87
- Currently Reading: 1
- Passenger: HEAD. SPINNING. Win!
- TBR Owned Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 498
- Acquired for Kisten the Kindle: 6
- Acquired for my bookshelves: 5
- Added to TBR (Not owned): 4
- Black City (Black City, #1): Post-Apocalyptic Awesome!
- Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, #1): I recently started conversing with this author, and I’m wicked excited to read his debut! He revealed his cover here! It’s gorgeous!
- Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits, #1): I will read it…one day.
- Nameless (Tales of Beauty & Madness, #1): Pretty cover…*stares*
Unbreaking the Shelves Update
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Supernatural Underground is having an EPIC Halloween Giveaway!
- Jennifer Lane is giving away With Good Behvaior and Bad Behavior, both of which I adore!
- M.R. Merrick talks about the magic of Halloween, or lack thereof.
- Jayla (LaduBlueJay) ranted about people trying to live her life for her. I had a lot to say on the topic.
- Amanda (On a Book Bender) talks about entitlement mentality in book bloggers. GREAT POST,
- Karis (YA LLitWit) shares her thoughts on Skinny and how we are our own bully.
- Amy (Lady Reader’s Bookstuff) has been all over National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month at her blog. LOTS OF AWESOME.
- Lori (Pure Imagination) shows us how to schedule Facebook posts on our blog pages. I knew about this feature but just never used it. Now that I’m starting work tomorrow, I think I will use the scheduling feature on Facebook and Twitter since I won’t be around much during the day.
- Kristilyn (Reading in Winter) talks us through how to purge our bookshelves. Oh, the horror!
- Blogger’s Corner: Do you tour?
- Publisher’s Weekly wrote up a really interesting article on YA Mashups!
- Blog Herald: How to write comments
- Blogging Pro: 5 Ways You Can Take Advantage of Social Bookmarking Sites for Your Blog
- Kristilyn helped me uncover a serious questions: Do zombies poop? This lead to Amanda mentioning that someone should do a discussion post on the bodily functions of paranormal creatures. I was nominated. o.O
Things that make me smile
- The Oatmeal: How much cats actually kill. HAHAHAHA.
- 30 Geeky Engagement Rings
- Did you watch Arrow? Yea, you need to get on that, stat.
- men ren faire tights: I giggle profusely when I see this search term come up. It’s all because of this post.
- ” silly penis is always standing up in the morning i push him down” room: Best. Quote. Evar. Loved this book.
- “He wept, and it felt as if the tears were cleansing him, as if his body needed to empty itself.”: *sob* Messenger!
- eve & adam book: It’s about Eve. And Adam. And other people, too.
- why hubspot can’t see my rss: Hmmm. That I do not know. But Hubspot’s marketing grader IS pretty cool.
- inhale a just breathe novel kendall grey: YES! Read this sucka! UF awe to the some, yo!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |