Part Five Discussion
- On page 281-282, Jack talks about layers. There seem to be many layers in this book: there are worlds within worlds, stories inside of stories, the past trapped in the present, and monsters inside of people. What examples of these layers can you identify?
- In the beginning of the book, Jack mentions that the things that happen turn him into a monster. In fact, the only people Jack finds in Marbury that he knows from this world are monsters. Do you think Jack became monster by the end of the story?
- On page 284, Conner tells Jack that he never saw Henry at the pub that night Jack snuck out, yet Conner can see Marbury through the lens. What do you make of this?
- Nickie has The Wooden Horse! Do you think Seth intended the wooden horse to be a message? What’s it’s significance?
- Jack endures so many profoundly powerful events through the course of the novel. How does he change by the novel’s end? How does Jack mature over the course of the story?
- And of course, my final questions is: would you visit Marbury?
King of Marbuy is a short story that was released by Tor. It’s from Conner’s perspective right after The Marbury Lens. It was wacky and I’m still not sure what I thought about it. I will review it next Saturday. You can read it here for free or download it for $.99 to read on your Kindle. Passenger was released on 10/2. I still don’t have my copy from Amazon – those asshats! Of course, I am dying to devour it!
Please feel free to visit past discussions and continue on!
- 9/8: Part One: The Amethyst Hour, Chapters 1-17
- 9/15: Part Two: The Strange Boys, Chapters 18-30
- 9/22: Part Three: Blackpool, Chapters 21-42
- 9/29: Part Four: The Marbury Lens, Chapters 43-48
- 10/6: Part Five: Seth, Chapters 49-59
THANK YOU FOR THE WILD RIDE!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |