Part 1: Actively organize, categorize, and otherwise be brutally realistic about the books you have in your pile.
Part 2: Actively work on bringing that TBR pile down to something that isn’t threatening you with bodily harm if you don’t start reading it.
It’s quite daunting to organize the books we have to read, and I have been putting off this challenge because I don’t even know where to begin. However, I’ve gotten a ton of great ideas from participants. Of course, if I get a job, all of this will likely go down the shitter because I will little time to do it all, but at least it’s still a list to keep on ticking.
Export and back up my GR lists Delete free ebooks from GR & Kisten that no longer interest me
- Started with 281…to 254. Hey, it’s something!
Copy Kelly & Amanda and making a freebie ebook shelve on GR
- Only 96?
Delete books off my TBR that no longer interest me
- Started with 1744 and got it down to 1590. I did end up adding books too, like the rest of the books in a series, etc, so it ended up not bringing the number down much as much as I hoped, but still a lot!
Update my Signed shelf on GR Update my Gifted shelf on GR Update my Review Queue and Review Request Complete shelves on GR
- Organize my Kindle better. What IS the best way?
Create a WTF GR shelf. Thanks to Amy (bookgoonie), I made NEW GR Shelves and I feel more organized now.
I purged 10 YA/MG books off my shelf to give to Mandee’s classroom!
Smash gets Personal
- My current Owned TBR list is at 477. If I could in ANY WAY get that under 400, that would rock. However, I don’t see it happening, but it’s a goal nonetheless.
- I’ve already stopped accepting review requests. I no longer go on NetGalley, because that leads to hella trouble. Only authors I’ve worked with in the past are on my OK list until much further notice. I have too many books to read and need to focus more on my own shelves
- Stop buying books, even if that means I have to wait to read a hot book when the library doesn’t carry it. *sniff* I have almost 5oo books to read. No more buying. Seriously.
- Donate more. I recently gave 3 ARCs to ARCycling and have a few on Paperback Swap. Feels good.
Smash hits Targets and crosses things off Lists
- Dear Teen Me
- Witch Devotions
Taking on the Dead Detention of the Living Dead Hunter’s Season Blooded
- Beautifully Broken
- Day by Day
Continue All Series, All Summer challenge
- A Perfect Blood
- Tangled Threads
- Sipder’s Revenge
- By a Thread
- Trial by Fire
- Taken by Storm
- Clockwork Prince
- City of Fallen Angels
- City of Lost Souls
Read as many of my owned zombie books as possible
- The Dead-Tossed Waves
- The Dark and Hallow Places
- My Life As a White Trash Zombie
- Even White Trash Zombies Get the Blues
- Zombie Bedtime Stories: Locked In
- Patient Zero
- Rot & Ruin
- Dust & Decay
- Flesh & Bone
Married with Zombies Flip this Zombie Eat. Slay. Love.
What are your year-end goals? Join the fun!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |