Part Three Discussion
- Ben and Griffin state that Henry mentioned that he knew Jack from another place and that he’d be “different.” They then asked Jack if they were there, too, and he said he hoped so. Do you think they exist in Jack’s other existence?
- We are starting to get glimpses into the past life of Seth. Any thoughts on the parallels between Seth and Jack?
- Oh hell. Conner saw Marbury through the glasses, too! He tells Jack that he got all these memories but he can’t remember Jack in Marbury. Also, Jack recognized people there but Conner did not. Do you think there is any significance to this strange difference?
- Jack seems to show real concern for Ben and Griffin, when he doesn’t appear to care about much back in his other er, life. Do you think Jack’s personality is different in Marbury? Name some noticeable differences.
- When I first read this book, the homophobic undertones rubbed me the wrong way. What are your thoughts? Do you feel they are important to convey messages or give meaning to characters?
Please feel free to visit past discussions and continue on!
- 9/8: Part One: The Amethyst Hour, Chapters 1-17
- 9/15: Part Two: The Strange Boys, Chapters 18-30
- 9/22: Part Three: Blackpool, Chapters 21-42
- 9/29: Part Four: The Marbury Lens, Chapters 43-48
- 10/6: Part Five: Seth, Chapters 49-59
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |