Have you ever loved a book that you know is not a great literary gem? Maybe it’s filled with spelling errors, tired cliches, and is utterly cheestastic but you loved it anyway. How do you handle that as a blogger who is used to critical thinking and analysis? Do you pretend you never read the book – never to be reviewed or added to your Goodreads shelf ? Do you write a review but maybe apologize and make excuses as to why you enjoyed it or are you bold and proud of any book you enjoyed?
Conversely – have you read a classic, that is considered a literary gem but you just didn’t get it? Are you embarrassed to admit that or do you review it anyway?
- Delirium: It was good, but not amazing. The ENDING was amazing, but the rest of the book was kind of…not.
- Tempest: The world-building was wicked confusing for me.
- Ruby Red: Hmmm. I’m seeing a time travel theme here…
- Linger and Forever: I just HATE that I could not get on board with these books. I was let down and wish Shiver was a standalone.
- Fallen: I still haven’t picked up the rest of the books. It was just… :/
- Starcrossed: I couldn’t even finish it. And I LOVE Greek mythology… *sniff*
- Bridget Jones’s Diary: Definitely not for me…
- The Vampire Diaries: I barely read 100 pages…but I sure love the show!
- From Dead to Worse: I haven’t picked up the series since.
- Breaking Dawn: Crap.
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |