This Week’s Question:
Top Ten Books For People Who Like Patricia Briggs
Do you dig Mercy and Urban Fantasy? Well, then you should check out these other authors and their awesome heroines.
- Kim Harrison‘s The Hollows is one of the best urban fantasy series I’ve come across. The characterization, plot and world-building is deliciously creative. Plus, there are demons and pixies that I seriously want to invite over for drinks.
- Rachel Caine‘s Weather Warden series. I gushed about it here. Weather-wielding bad assery, plus some hot djinns!
- Carolyn Crane‘s Disillusionists is a world that is uber fun to play in, though beware: you don’t know who the hell to trust! This series is a wildly refreshing concept for the Urban Fantasy genre.
- Karen Marie Moning‘s Fever series will send your temperature soaring as you start jonesing for Jericho Z. Barrons. Oh, and the Fae lore and Irish setting is fab, too!
- Carrie Vaughn‘s Kitty Norville series is hella entertaining. I really enjoy Kitty as a character and find her to be admirable and tough, with just the touch of broken soul that I love to see.
- Rachel Vincent‘s Shifter series is another serious favorite. RV’s writing sucks you in and spits you out. Anyone who can make me sob and scream and laugh over and over again deserves a gold star. I really miss this series. *sniff*
- J.A. Saare‘s Rhiannon’s Law series is loaded with ass kickery. Rhiannon has a mouth on her that brings smiles upon smiles to my face, and her ugly background has led her down a path of destruction. But she still makes time for love, albeit painful still. I need to have drink with her. plzkthx.
- While I’ve only read 2 books of Vicki Pettersson‘s Signs of the Zodiac series, I was uber impressed with the world-building, and loved the parallel worlds and super hero connection.
- I shall get flogged for this one, I’m sure. Only one book into the Downside Ghost series (I KNOW! I KNOW!), it is easy to see why Stacia Kane‘s series brings about serious emotion and opinion. Chess is a heroine unlike any I’ve come across, and just might be the most broken yet passionate female in Urban Fantasy.
- I just started Jennifer Estep‘s Elemental Assassin series and Gin is going in my UBER FUCKING AWESOME bin. I love her gritty, dark, determined personality, sprinkled with morals and standards. Another broken chic on a serious mission.
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |