Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Smash reviews Exhale by Kendall Grey
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Books For People Who Like Patricia Briggs
- Review by Mel: Darkness Becomes Her by Jamie Rush
- Smash reviews The Boy in the Striped Pajamas by John Boyne
- Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along: Chapters 1-6
Update: I edited my list to a more manageable bite. I’ve read FOUR books on the list, and started a fifth. WOOT!
In the life of Smash
The job market sucks in Georgia. I have a feeling I will have to take a position I will not enjoy. *le sigh*
Aislynn from Stitch. Read. Cook. asked me to participate in her A Day in the Life Of feature in August. I’m excited, but now I have to come up with something cool to write, since my days are actually pretty lame right now.
EEEE! I was blurbed for the 2nd time in a week! These are my first tastes of stardom (heh! don’t burst my bubble) and I am litterally on CLOUD 9! This time, I made it into the mass market paperback release of Rhiannon Frater’s The First Days, which you should read, by the way! I’m in the company of some other awesome reviewers, too!
- Read in 2012: 41
- Currently Reading: Stick, Fairy Blues
- TBR Physical Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 440
- Acquired for Kisten the Kindle: Nada
- Acquired for my bookshelves: Nada
Favorite Quotes of the Week
Donovan Caine naked, water droplets sliding down his lean body, his muscles clenching and relaxing as he washes himself. Mmm. Nice image. Despite our earlier confrontation, I still found the detective extremely sexy. He’d be even more attractive if he’d lose the righteous anger and the stick up his ass. But no man was perfect.
-Jennifer Estep, Spider’s Bite
“Cam laughed. “You know, my grandmother always said no woman with a decent vocabulary would resort to profanity.”
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Amanda @ On a Book Bender discusses How to get on a Book Reviewer’s Good Side
- Donna @ Bites shares some serious scammery!
- Mandy @ Smexy Books posts about Blogging and Twitter.
- Ashley @ What Your Story? discusses The Nice Guy that is Under-Appreciated.
- Blogging Pro: Ten Habits of a Highly Effective Blogger - GOOD ADVICE, me thinks.
- Rachel @ Parajunkee: Book Blogging 101: To Review a DNF or not?
- Chelsea @ Vampire Book Club: Five heroes who makes us see fireworks
- Emily’s Reading Room: Blogging and Contributing to the Community
- Forever Young Adult shares Hunger Games-inspired Cocktails.
- Veronica Roth announced the Dark Days Tour Part Two.
- Chloe Neill is asking you to follow her on Pinterest. I love her pins.
- Mary @ Book Swarm posted some awesome photos for Would Make a Cool Book Cover.
Things that make me smile
- An abandoned Walmart is turned into a library!
- The Avengers in Fifteen Minutes
- #TeamKilt has a Pinterest Page!
- world building paranormal romance: You know I love me some world-building!
- tgif magic mike + big dick rick magic mike = SMILES.
- partials dan wells review: LOVE THIS BOOK!
- i am disgusted with racism: A to the Men.
- evil smash: Only sometimes…?
- tinks titties: ZOMG! I need to give this person a cupcake and a hug.
- michonne hacking off the arms and jaws of walkers: YES. I need some Michonne in my life. I cannot WAIT for Season 3 of The Walking Dead!
- 50 shades crap: Ha.
- book spine poetry: WAY FUN!
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |