Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
In the life of Smash
Ugh, this image/copyright frenzy has me freaking out. I’m slowly going through my posts and deleting images or adding public domain pictures. It’s going to take time out of writing reviews and other bloggie stuffs, but it must be done. I actually learned a lot from Sarah @ Storybound Girl, Shiloh Walker and Sophia @ Fiction Vixen on this topic. Of course, if you did not see Mindful Musing’s posts here and here, they are fantastic. And then there is this one regarding Pinterest. From what I gathered, pretty much all the Creative Common licenses are ok to use, though some cannot be altered and all must be credited. I’ve learned about a ton of places to search for public domain images. Of course, always read terms of service before you use a site. I’m going through my Pinterest images too, and have deleted Tumblr altogether. *whines* From what I understand about Pinterest, if the site has a Pin button, the image is obviously OK to pin. However, the image needs to be directly linked back to its home on that site. If it’s not, it’s not ok. 98% of my pins don’t lead back to the original image, and many don’t lead back to anything at all!
- Creative Commons
- Stock Vault
- Big Stock Photo
- Flickr - use the Advanced Search options for Creative Commons licenses
- Google Image Search – choose the correct Usage Rights
I finally sent off all my references for my LMSW license and now the waiting game begins. In the interim, I will study my face off. I’m thinking 4 hours a day. Some of this shit I haven’t looked at since 2008-09, like theories and crap. Ugh…*snore* P.S. Freud was cazysauce but someone needs to turn his stuff into fiction!
Also, I scrapped a lot! I am loving Project Life and it is really addicting!
Update: 8 read!
- Read in 2012: 53
- Venom: I want to marry Gin Blanco, in a strictly platonic kind of way. She rocks my socks off.
- Currently Reading:
- TBR Physical Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 462
Favorite Quotes of the Week
“I’m just wondering how exactly I went from being the Spider to the Robin fucking Hood of the greater Ashland area… Instead of stealing from the rich, I’m stabbing them to death for the poor.”
― Jennifer Estep, Venom
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
Passenger really does complete the saga of Jack and his friends in many ways (which is why it is so freaking LONG!). Where The Marbury Lens looked at the effects of trauma within the very tightened boundaries of Jack’s own psychology — his ability to process, deal with things, stumble through choices – Passenger looks at the larger environment of Jack’s traumatic experience as it affects his friends.
I REALLY hope all of you decide to join in The Marbury Lens read-a-long/discussion in September.
- Amanda Hocking tells us Why Batman Makes the Best Superhero Boyfriend. While I do love Batman, Iron Man is the man for me. His snark warms my heart.
- Stacia Kane had a hilarious post about how authors should really act. Her guest, Auntie Specialsnowflake, really tells it how it is! And here she is again! And here! *snort*
- While Zach did not beat Will in the #CrushTourney, the #TeamKilt fans were out in full force! Jeri Smith-Ready did write the prom night scene with Zach and Aura, however, of which you can now gush and squee with the rest of us!
- M.R. Merrick visits Parajunkee to talk about being an Indie author.
- GalleyCat: Why Readers Pirate eBooks.
- Carrie Harris shares some Zombie Theory at Bookish Brunette.
- Amanda @ On A Book Bender really speaks up for individuality in blogging. I agree with her across the board.
- Marcie @ To Read or Not To Read voices her thoughts over the drama lately. Amen, sista.
- Rachel @ Fiktshun has some crazy amazing event going on in August: Authors are Rockstars. You do NOT want to miss this one!
- Ruby @ Ruby’s Reads got a KITTY!
- Rachel @ Parajunkee talks about The Indie Author Stigma.
- Karen @ For What It’s Worth released the August Book Blogger Confession topics.
- Small shows us How to Make Colored Boxes Align in a Row.
- Rachel @ Fiktshun ensures we remember WHY.
Things that make me smile
- The Life of Pi trailer is out! OMG! I am wicked excited. That is a book you should all read. I have a feeling the movie will rock.
- Itty Bitty Kitty Committee: Cuddle Puddles and Kitten Tongues!
- tgif quotes: YAY! Quote lovers!
- andrew smith in the path of falling objects: WIN!
- pregnancy prevention: I am HAPPY to see people searching for this. It led to my About page, were I talk about wanting to work with pregnant teens/teen moms…
- what makes you swoon: Oh honey, we just don’t have that much time…
- neverwhere book review: MY FAVORITE BOOK EVAR!
- cryer cross ending: It wasn’t a fav.
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |