Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Book Blogger Confessions: What do we owe publishers and authors?
- Review Copy Cleanup in August - Get those review requests off your plate!
- Review by Mel: Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent
- World-Building Wednesdays: Kendall Grey
- Review by Mel: Shadow Bound by Rachel Vincent
- Doin’ It Dirty Read-a-thon - Erotica overload!
- Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along: Chapters 14-20
- Come read my #DoinItDirty read-a-thon mini reviews!
In the life of Smash
- I applied for licensure! Once all the paperwork goes through, then I will get approval to take the exam. Of course, this means I must now become very serious about studying…
- I went to a networking event on Thursday. It was at a staffing agency that places social workers in temp to perm positions, on an as needed basis. Weird setup for social workers, but I guess they help out for grant funded positions, fill in when people are on leave, etc. I might call back for an interview to get on their listing. However, the lady strongly urged us to get licensed ASAP, as most jobs require the first level, LMSW. You see, in FL, there is only one level – LCSW. You are then a clinical expert and can have a private practice, prescribe meds, etc. However, in GA, there is a step before that – LMSW. Licensed Master Social Worker. What this means if you have to take an exam after your get your Masters, which pretty much means your Masters is worthless without it. Assholes. So anyway, it’d be nice to find something part-time, since income is much-needed, but I’m just going to study my ass off and get that exam done ASAP.
- I made nutella cupcakes! I want to start baking more. It was wicked fun. Unfortunately, it’s not the best idea when you are trying to lose weight. :/
- The Doin It Dirty erotica read-a-thon was FUN. Wicked fun. Thanks, Amanda and Kelly! ♥
- Read in 2012: 47 – this number sucks ass. I have just failed at reading this year!
- Currently Reading:
- TBR Physical Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 461 (we are getting really close to the big 500. I am freaking out!)
- Acquired for Kisten the Kindle:
- I acquired some free smut for the Doin it Dirty read-a-thon on Friday: Masks, Sporting Wood, A Dark Kiss of Rapture. I got some other freebies too: Dies Irae, Mea Culpa and I bought Thread of Death, The Siren, The Girl of Fire and Thorns and The Taken.
- I received Day by Day for review from author.
- I received Bloody Little Secrets, The Green and Darkness Rising that I won from Karly Kirckpatrick during ArmchairBEA.
- Acquired for my bookshelves:
- Acquired for Kisten the Kindle:
- Wishlist: 94
Update: I finished Web of Lies! 7 books down.
Favorite Quotes of the Week
So we know she’s safe and taken care of?” Daniel asked, and she nodded. “Good. Then why don’t we do something that you want to do?”
“I don’t know. What do you like to do?”
“Um….” Her stomach rumbled, since crying always made her hungry. “I like eating breakfast.”
“That’s so weird.” Daniel grinned. “Because I like making French toast.”
“That works out, doesn’t it?”
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Thea Harrison posted an excerpt from Lord’s Fall. WOOT!
- KT Grant: The Art of Practicing ARC: Stopping the Reviewer/Author Bullying Relationship
- Jeaniene Frost visited Goodreads for a Live Chat.
- Rhiannon Frater discusses the explosion of authors behaving badly.
- Fierce Reads Tour, featuring Ann Aguirre, Elizabeth Fama, Lish McBride and Marissa Meyer!
- Ashley @ Bookish Brunette rants about Panty-Twisted Bloggers.
- Kat @ The Aussie Zombie talks about the nice authors.
- Donna @ Bites rants about YA Boys That Make Shitty Toys and her plans to bring their “inherent dickbaggery” to our attention more often. She cracks me up!
- Isalys @ Book Soulmates is back with genre discussion.
- Rachel @ Parajunkee discusses ARCs & Greedy Bloggers.
- The Ultimate Reviewer challenge is back!
- This post on being sued for using copyrighted pictures just scares the shite out of me.
Things that make me smile
- AMC’s The Walking Dead Featured at Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights. I have never wanted to go to Halloween Horror Nights more in my life!
- SHAPING SOUND! In dance heaven. Yay, Travis!
- immortal rules book: At the top of 2012 awesomeness!
- night seeker yasmine galenorn review: We gots one!
- dirty iphone fails: I do love them.
- joe manganiello big dick richie shadow dance: Have I expressed how happy I am that people are searching for this, and that it leads here? *snicker*
- rhiannon frater the last bastion review: SO frakkin good!
- can you use other book bloggers memes: Be respectful and ask permission. Always credit.
- twice tempted jeaniene frost: ZOMG. I can’t wait. Once Burned seared me!
- outlander book review: I loves me some Jamie!
- blood red road saba: Soooooo good!
- “book blogger” income: Good luck with that!
- stop the gr bullies: Lame-o.
No more Owl Love and Man Candy!
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |