Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week.
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Smash reviews Spider’s Bite by Jennifer Estep
- Smash & Mel review Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost: Rawr!
- Smash reviews Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo: EPIC!
- Fairy Metal Thunder Read-Along: Chapters 7-13
- TGIF: Quotes That Make You Swoon
- SYTYCD Saturdays: WEEK 1
In the life of Smash
ZOMG! In October, The Readiacs are hosting the blog tour for Middle Ground by Katie Kacvinsky, the sequel to Awaken. My name was given to them as a fan so they invited me! I LOVED Awaken. I tried requesting a Middle Ground ARC from the publisher but their email bounced. I’ve also been stalking NetGalley for it, so this made my week! I also signed up for the Kismet tour of Alice in Zombieland. I PRAY I get accepted!
Um, not much else going on peeps. I scrapbooked and toyed around with the idea of working part-time at the scrap store since they are hiring, and they seemed enthused when we talked about it. But it’s minimum wage and very low hours, and not exactly down the street from me. T wasn’t on board with the idea. It would give me the opportunity to study for my licensing exam, which I am finally registering for. Ah well. Next week, I’m attending a networking event for social workers. I hope it leads to something.
Attended the Not So YA book club to talk about Shadow and Bone. They are all rockstars and I am so glad to have met them.
- Read in 2012: 43
- Currently Reading:
- TBR Physical Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 447
Update: 6 books down!
Favorite Quotes of the Week
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Stop the GR Bullies: Are you frakkin kidding me? Because the answer to bullying is more bullying. Ugh. I didn’t start book blogging to be transported back to middle school…
- Shannon @ Stalking the Bookshelves did a Top Ten Tuesday post that made me SQUEE: SYTYCD Routines that Could (And Should) Inspire a Book. So did Lauren from The Housework Can Wait.
- YA Highway: Making Maps.
- You should really read this post by M.R. Merrick.
- Ruby’s Reads Debate: Should Bloggers Respond to Comments? with @sprntrlsnark and @loganturner
- REVIEWER NEEDED: Kt from A Book is looking for an associate reviewer!! Kt rocks my socks off so if you are interested in reviewing for a well-established blog, check her out!
- You can stay up-to-date on Catching Fire castings here, and Mockingjay has been announced as a two-movie deal. We will not see the last movie until the end of 2015. Damn them.
- A Twilight fan was hit by a car and killed at Comic-Con!
- Official Dates for Bout of Books 5.0 and Call for Help!
Things that make me smile
- Glitch dances to Feel So Close Dub-Step remix. I WANT TO MARRY THIS GUY. Well, not really, but I am truly amazed at his bad assery. I will find him and tell him to his face.
- The Killers released a new song! They are my favorite band evar. Listen to Runaways!
- You got cookie! Share it, maybe?
- MUSCLE HOT MAN WITH HUGE DICKS: O.o. That has to be because of the multiple mentions of the next search term…
- big dick richie magic mike: Still the best search term in existence…
- boys in tights: Yes, please.
- chris hemsworth body: Gimme, gimme! With a cherry on top.
- kendall grey and gr bullies: HEY! What is this crap? Are people being mean to Kendall?
- author bully rachel vincent: And what is this shit? Since when is RV a bully? I guess this post may explain it. So over the drama! And leave RV alone.
- perks wallflower summary wallflower dissociation: Wicked cool. Someone else analyzing the psychopathology?
- smash whores: That is not nice. They are people too. And if you were calling Smash a whore, you deserve a long jump off a short cliff. Enjoy.
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |