Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers/authors/publishers/etc during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week. Other people have been joining the party, and now I’ve got my dancing shoes on, too!
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Smash Attack Reads turned TWO! Woot!
- Andrew Smith Saturdays: Come discuss STICK in July!
- The Last Bastion of the Living Blog Tour: Dystopian World-Building by Rhiannon Frater
- Smash Reviews The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater
- SYTYCD Saturdays is BACK! Come meet Season 9′s Top 20!
- Smash reviews In the Path of Falling Objects by Andrew Smith
In the life of Smash
The condo is pretty much put together, thankfully.
Not all None of the artwork is up because T started residency this week. I have a feeling it will go up very, very slowly. I did share my BOOKSHELVES though. Swoon…
I met Mandee from Books & Bling on Friday as we scrapbooked all day long! It was hella fun and I am so happy to have a new friend with my interests.
My brother-in-law’s girlfriend introduced me to a social worker and the 3 of us met for coffee yesterday. She has been a tremendous help in terms of getting licensed (I’m clueless!) and the job search. She clued me in to some agencies to look at. I need to get on the job search this week. There isn’t a whole lot of opportunity out there (GA’s job market is terrible right now) so I’m just going to start sending out cover letters. I’ve compiled a serious list of agencies I would be interested in working at. Most center around youth, domestic violence, homelessness. I did apply for a job with the Humane Society though. Oddly enough, my social work skills are very much-needed for the position, it seems. I think I would LOVE the job. I ordered test review materials to start studying for the LMSW. Once I get them, I will register for a date and put my ass on a study schedule…eeeeeep…
- Read: 421 – I did not finish anything this week.
- Currently Reading: 3 - Spider’s Bite (Gin is BAD ASS MAMA JAMA!), Stick, Blood Bound (I am loving this book on audio!)
- TBR Physical Pile (Hardcopy + eBook): 441
Favorite Quotes of the Week
Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. He was about to engage in some hellaciously naughty fornication.
-Exhale by Kendall Grey
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Donna @ Bites wrote the longest most entertaining review I’ve come across! See her thoughts on Throne of Glass by Saraj J. Maas
- The All Male Review Challenge is back!
- The Guilded Earlobe discusses reviewing audio books. As does Emily’s Reading Room here.
- The Bookish Brunette: Carrie Harris discusses the 5 Professions that will survive the Zombie Apocalypse. Sadly, social workers are not listed because, yet again, they are not appreciated. I think they would be hella needed in such a setting! heh.
- Rhiannon Frater: Make sure you check out all the stops on The Last Bastion of the Living tour!
- The Book Swarm celebrated her 2nd blog birthday! Go celebrate with her.
- I discovered a new blog promoting Indie authors: The Indie Bookshelf
- Let it Bleed by Jeri Smith-Ready is available for free on her website. It’s a novella for her WVMP vampire series, which is wicked fun and I need to finish it!
- 99 Favorite Reads, Picked by Teens from Mac Kids! How many have you read?
Things that make me smile
- Magic Mike might go to Broadway. Let’s plan our NYC trip, ladies!
- SOUNDCLOUD! ZOMG! That website has taken me back to my club days…IN LOVE!
- joe manganiello free fuck: Ummmm.
- dragon bound hero: Mmmmm. His name is Dragos.
- room emma donoghue review: I gots one!
- zombie dystopia: Yes! Read this!
- partials dan wells review: I gots one of those too!
- apostolos acheron: Mmmmmmmmmmmm. nomnomnom
- diary of vampire stripper review: Mel review it.
I saw Magic Mike on Saturday with my in-laws (sisters). YUM. Lame ass plot though. Not enough Big Dick Richie. But hey, a male stripper movie isn’t going to get much flack from me.
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |