WELCOME TO ARMCHAIR BEA!
For all of us bookish folk who could not make it to Book Expo America, the coordinators of Armchair BEA bring us the next best thing. I participated last year and thoroughly enjoyed myself. For the first day of the event, we’ve been asked to answer some interview questions, and in turn, visit participating blogger’s and comment on their unique and entertaining answers.
So, first off…HI EVERYONE! I’m Smash of Smash Attack Reads! *waves*
- Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? My name is Ash and I started book blogging in June 2010. I’ve been blogging for about 15 years on platforms like LiveJournal and Blogger, and love interacting with others via social media. When a friend of mine started book blogging, I started noticing that my personal blog was becoming overrun with bookish stuff. I made the plunge in the last year of my graduate career. I thought it was a crazy move, but in all reality, it helped get me through school. It continues to help me get through life. I’m a social worker, and reading and the blogging community are my SAVIORS in terms of stress and burnout. Amen to all of you!
- What is your favorite feature on your blog (i.e. author interviews, memes, something specific to your blog)? That would have to be WORLD-BUILDING WEDNESDAYS! I’m a sucker for fantastic world-building and I invite authors to discuss their strategies and tips. Unfortunately, it does not get a ton of love, but that’s ok. At least I’m promoting some incredible authors!
- If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why? Hands down, Jenks the pixie from The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. I adore this pixie hard. core. He is hilarious, dependable and has a heart bigger than his body.
- What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? The camaraderie, the love, the generosity. I am amazed, over and over again at how incredibly talented and kind everyone is.
- Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? When someone screws up, this community comes out with claws and pitchforks. Of course I feel that people need to deal with the consequences of their actions. What I wish would change, however, is the bullying and maliciousness. The only bullying I approve of is #BookBully-ing.
- Have your reading tastes changed since you started blogging? How? Holy shit, YES. So very much. I’ve come a long damn way since Twilight. I’ve been reading since childhood, but it was Twilight and The Hollows that catapulted me into more serious reading. Having been at this for two years now, I’ve come across so much greatness in terms of reading. My tastes have morphed and my standards have risen. I’m pretty easy to please, I think. If a book keeps me entertained or evokes emotion, it’s A-Ok in my book.
I look forward to meeting you all!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |