Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week. Other people have been joining the party, and now I’ve got my dancing shoes on, too!
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Must Ready Monday Review: Insurgent
- Top Ten Tuesdays: Favorite Quotes From Books
- Smash Reviews: Perception
- Bout of Books 4.0: My Game Plan
- Review by Audrey: Drowning in the Dark
- TGIF: My Favorite Supporting Characters
- Cover Reveal: The Last Bastion of the Living by Rhiannon Frater. BAD. ASS.
In Real Life
MY HUSBAND GRADUATED FROM MEDICAL SCHOOL YESTERDAY! Schwing! I am so wicked proud. He still has a few weeks left of rotation. Then we move to ATL where he starts his Psychiatry residency at Emory! And um, I will do something with myself, job-wise. I’ve been in contact with an LMSW in GA who is giving me some great resources. And I finished my resume. http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashleyhoffenberg
I am now in Key Largo, enjoying a few days with the family to celebrate my husband’s success. Not a lot of internet action for me until Tuesday.
Oh. My mother is leaving with The Hunger Games trilogy, Divergent, Insurgent and The Immortal Reads. She has read a lot of my PNR books already, but she liked the Mortal Instruments, so I’m shoving some more YA her way. Woot!
Favorite Quotes of the Week
Instead I crawled next to him, snuggling close. “Zach, wake up.”
I pressed my mouth to his in a full, deep kiss.
“Second thought, not sleeping.”
Tidbits from around the blogosphere
- Lori at Pure Imagination shares her favorite WordPress Plugins
- My girl Jen D debates her side of the Enemy vs Friends romance for Ruby’s Debate Team feature.
- Book♥Soulmates started a discussion on how we classify genres. I wrote a novella on my opinions of dystopian and post-apocalyptic classification.
- Vampire Book Club asks for opinions on CAPTCHA.
- Jeaniene Frost visits Vampire Book Club and talks about “The other “super” in superheroes” Plus there is a giveaway for ONCE BURNED! EEEEEEEEEEP!
- Carolyn Crane visits She-Wolf Reads to talk about the five books that inspire her. PLus a giveaway! I love her Disillusionist series!
- Carolyn Crane also visited A Buckeye Girl Reads with a guest post and giveaway.
- Ashley from The Bookish Brunette is looking for a PARTNER
IN CRIME. This is an epic opportunity for a non-book blog owner, but it requires WORK and PATIENCE and ATTITUDE and SASS. Check out her requirements here. She has recruited me as one of the people to help choose the new victimassistant, so bring your A-Game, bitches!
I’m very excited for Bout of Books 4.0! My in-laws are in town and I need to start packing up this condo, but I will do my best to read, read, read! Stephanie from Once upon a Chapter and I are hosting the BOOK SPINE POETRY mini-challenge on 5/19. Get those creative juices flowing, peeps…
To participate, buy or borrow from the library/a friend/etc. a copy of the book, then discuss your thoughts in the comments section of the discussion post on May 29th. That evening, join us for a live author chat with the author, here on YA Highway.
- zac efron dimples: He is so delish!
- marbury lens spoiler: NO. Don’t spoil yourselves! Instead, join the Andrew Smith Summer Read-Along!
- clarity gabriel toscano: YES. Love him.
- sexy man: Every week! Share! Please!
- the perks of being a wallflower: I read it. I smiled. I cried. I rejoiced in the resiliency of humans.
- as the world dies trilogy: Don’t make me get out the #bookbully! Read it already!
- bad boys with blond hair: Mmmmmmmmm.
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |