The Bout of Books Read-a-Thon was created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender on a complete whim in August 2011. It took on a life of its own and was such a hit that Amanda decided to do it again and turn it into a somewhat regular occurrence. There are no set dates for Bout of Books; rather, Amanda tries to work with Bout of Books participants to determine the best dates for them.
However, there are a few things about Bout of Books that will always stay the same.
- It is a week-long read-a-thon, usually from 12:01am on a Monday through 11:59pm on a Sunday in whatever time zone you are in.
- Bout of Books is low pressure, meaning participants are only asked to push themselves to read more than they normally would during any given week. There is no competition between readers.
- How much time a reader wants, and can commit, to read, tweet, or network with fellow bloggers is left to individual preference. All challenges and giveaways are optional.
- Networking with fellow bloggers is actively encouraged, though never required. Co-hosts are there to facilitate blog hopping and interaction between participants.
- Use Twitter to post updates throughout the read-a-thon. Everyone will be tweeting with the #boutofbooks hashtag.
Tuesday 5/15: Celine – Book Lover Confession
Wednesday 5/16: Shannon – Re-title It
Thursday 5/17 : Amy – Zombie Book Cover
Friday 5/18: Jacinda – Shoes
Saturday 5/19: Smash and Stephanie - Book Poetry
Sunday 5/20: No challenge (Kelsey andJen D giveaways)
International Grand Prize (runs all week): Custom made bookmarks or business cards by Creative Deeds (worth up to $90 USD)
Wednesday 5/16: 8pm CST (UTC-5)
Friday 5/18: 1pm CST (UTC-5)
Sunday 5/20: 10am CST (UTC-5)
(chats last approximately one hour)
- Ok, here’s a more detailed response: READ in between looking for a place to live and a job to do in Atlanta, coordinate moving logistics, begin to clean and pack up current place, as well as mingle with in-laws who are in town for T’s graduation. Easy, right? :/
Books To Read
You should participate. Yes, YOU! It doesn’t matter what you have going on during the week. There are no limits to this read-a-thon. Just READ.
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |