Clock Rewinders on a Book Binge is the weekly recap feature created by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Tara @ 25 Hour Books, where they shamelessly plug each other, share the fantastic posts, giveaways, or whatever else they’ve found and loved by other awesome bloggers (or authors!) during the week, and talk about the books they plan on reading in the coming week. Other people have been joining the party, and now I’ve got my dancing shoes on, too!
Smash Attack Reads Recap
- Blog Tour: Author Interview with Gina Damico
- Blog Tour: Top 10 List with Suki Michelle Carlyle Clark
- Walking Dead Wednesdays: SEASON FINALE!
- Smash Reviews Fighting to Survive by Rhiannon Frater
- Review by Cody: Fractured Light by Rachel McClellan
- Kiss Me, I’m Irish Read-Along: Week 4, Chapters 16-20
In Real Life (and yes, the internet is real life. Duh)
- I got my first assholish response on an Amazon review. I feel like I’ve passed a milestone or something.
- Some people have alerted me that when you subscribe to comments, the email sent has incorrect links that lead to my old test blog. Hubs tried to fix it but it did not work. So, I’ve installed a comment plugin that I am hoping fixes the situation. It’s a neat plugin too. You don’t even need to comment on the post to follow it.
- Jen D. accompanied me to see The Hunger Games on Saturday even though she saw it opening night. I have to say I was impressed. The tone of the movie was spot-on and the violence wasn’t gory but they didn’t tone it down either. All the subtle and not subtle rebellious acts were done so well. I especially enjoyed the discussion with President Snow and Seneca Crane. The message of hope being the most powerful emotion is so very integral to the series. Yes, some things were changed and some things left out, but this is expected and needed when translating a body of work into another format. Honestly, it was one of the best book-to-movie adaptations I’ve ever seen. Bravo.
- Jen and I perused an Indie book store after the movie and found this gem. It had sound effects. Epic.
Books I Started
Books I Finished
Around the Blogosphere
- Jenny at Supernatural Snark had a fab Cover Critique this week. Crotches aflame, anyone?
- YES! It’s Alpha Showdown time! Make sure you get your nominations in to Chelsea at Vampire Book Club.
- Parajunkee talks about Cliques and Changing Reviews: I have had one author reply to a review stating something I said was incorrect, which it was. However, if an author came at me and asked me to change my thoughts, I would either laugh or cry. Or both. Not cool.
- Goodreads posted an EPIC timeline of Dystopian fiction on their blog. IN. Love.
- YA Highway wrote a great post about What to do with Advanced Reader Copies.
- Holy canoli. A mall in the U.K. has set up a real-life survival horror game with ZOMBIES! Zed Events has created a terrifying zombie experience where anyone can battle zombies for four hours for the fee of just $189. UM, road/plane/boat trip anyone?
- I’m seeing a lot of smash attack reads search terms, which means people are actually searching for my blog. THIS is made of win. Squee!
- blood red roses dystopian book: Ohhh…what is this?
- walking dead,fucking EXcellent: Hells to the Yes. I actually bought the first compendium, which is volumes 1-48, methinks. Cannot wait!
- beautiful young man: Please share.
Have a fab week!
© 2012, Smash Attack Reads. All rights reserved.
|Leave a Reply |